To update or resolve an incident, follow the below steps:
- Click on the Incidents & Maintenance icon on the left side menu bar.
- Click on the incident in which you wish to post an update.
- Enter the update in the text area present at the bottom of the page.
- Toggle the "Private Note" switch, if you wish to make the update private. Note: A Private note will not be posted to the public status page and it remains an internal team communication.
- Select the date from the date selector, if the update happened at a specific time.
- Check on the "Email Subscribers" checkbox, if you wish to notify the subscribers of your status page through email.
- Check on "Tweet this" checkbox, if you wish to notify your twitter page followers through a tweet. (How to integrate with your Twitter handle?)
- Click on the "Post Update" button to update the incident or Click on "Post & Resolve" to resolve the incident. Note: "Post & Resolve" will move the affected services back to "Operational" status automatically.